Website video is a powerful marketing tool.
Recently there’s been a significant increase in demand for website videos, mostly for the purpose of increasing the conversion rate of website visitors. Experts are predicting that this will become an even bigger trend in the next few years, and that video will increasingly become the prefered way of communicating key messages to your clients.
3 good reasons to add a video to your website
- Interest – 20% of visitors will read the majority of text on a website, 80% will watch the same information when presented in video.
- Conversion – Adding a video to your website makes your site six times more likely to convert a visitor into a paying customer.
- Optimisation – A visitor will stay on a website for an average of 57 seconds if no video… but will stay 6 minutes on a website with video. Research shows that more than three out of five consumers will happily invest two minutes in a video that explains a product they are thinking of purchasing whilst 37% will watch for over three minutes. Great for search engine optimisation (SEO) – Google ranks webpages on how long people stay on the page.
Video allows you to demonstrate your products easily.
…and here’s 7 more
There are lots of good reasons to make a video for your homepage. Here’s another seven:
- First impressions count – videos can make a great first impression for your company. Research has shown that seven in 10 people view brands more positively after watching video content about them.
- Increase ‘Click Through Rate’ – you can increase ‘Click Through Rate’ by 30% by embedding video on your homepage.
- Video is suited to mobile – for mobile and smart devices time spent browsing on websites has been proven to be shorter, so video can be quicker to absorb than text.
- Videos can boost SEO – video is a way to target keywords in search engines. For Google an indexed video may have up to 50 times more chance of ranking on the first page than a textual page in the index. Also videos increase the time a user spends on your website which will impact your ranking.
- Easiest way to engagement – it’s a passive engagement that people are used to. You are not making them do anything more strenuous than watch a (TV) screen. It’s a comfort zone. Potential customers may not want to read much and why should they?
- Return on Investment – according to eMarketer more than 50% of marketing professionals say that video content has the best ROI.
- Potential to share – videos are easy to share on social media and there’s potential to go viral. For the braver marketers and companies out there you can be really creative with a promotional video. There are rules to making videos go viral – they have to tell a good story, surprise or create an emotional reaction – positive is better!
- Videos increase your chances to get ranked high – by adding transcripts for your videos to help search engines to index it.
- It’s fun! Videos are entertaining to watch. An excellent piece of film has the power to show people your brand in a more exciting way than written text and static images.
It’s important to have video on your website.
Most people expect to see video on websites today. It’s important to add videos to your websites for a number of reasons:
- Videos are great for promotion.
- Video demonstrate products well.
- Videos can build trust.
- Video can make your website more personalized. They help you make a personal connection with prospective clients. It is the next best thing to meeting someone in person, and people FEEL like they’ve met you in person when they see you on video.
- Videos help increase sales because people like to do business with people they know, like and trust, and they get to know you better through watching your video.
- Videos are great for search engine optimisation (SEO).
Having a video on YouTube is important for your website SEO.
Cisco predict that by 2017 video will make up 69% of all consumer internet traffic and when looking at the YouTube statistics below, this becomes even more convincing:
- YouTube is the second biggest search engine (after Google).
- 60 hours of video are uploaded every minute, or one hour of video is uploaded to YouTube every second.
- Over 4 billion videos are viewed a day.
- Over 800 million unique users visit YouTube each month.
- Over 3 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube.
- YouTube has had more than 1 trillion views or almost 140 views for every person on Earth.
So what does this mean for your business? It indicates that people love to watch video and we have to adjust to that fact and serve them with the type of content that they prefer. Yes, a lot of the online video consumption is driven by recreational and entertainment videos. However, there is clear evidence that video is equally prominent and impactful for business purposes.
Start implementing a video content strategy.
All of this culminates in the conclusion that you should start implementing a video content strategy if you haven’t done so yet. Here are 7 reasons why you need a content strategy for videos for your business:
- Your clients want it – all of the trends indicate that your clients want video from you. Not delivering on this desire only means somebody else will.
- More content in less time – video is a unique way of communicating a lot of information in a short period of time.
- Branding – branding is a complex business. Videos allow you to further craft and shape your brand. Video allows you to convey emotions that you can’t bring across with text and still photos only; it provides you with an opportunity to add different attributes to your brand.
- Multi-purpose use – videos are not only for use on your website, you can also push them out through all the other online channels (e.g. YouTube and social media). In addition, you can use your videos in presentations in offline settings such as presentations and on TV screens in your reception area.
- Show your personality and profile – video allows you to project a better and more personal profile to your company as well as your clients. For example, lawyers or doctors can give videos a personal touch, which is something that clients very much respond to.
- Video prepares you for the future – over 66% of the world’s mobile data traffic was video in 2014. Most mobile devices are optimized for video consumption. Being able to provide content in video format increases your ability to differentiate yourself from your competition.
Would you like more information?
If you’d like to talk to us about a project we would love to hear from you.
Tel: 01832 293 175 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org